View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Goose,
That was a weird dream. Categorized it seems your subconscious was just associating two escapes from reality, and showing how neither was enjoyable when alcohol was one of the diversions. And then it caused the embarrassment of discovery by your spousal unit. Sounds like a rerun not a premiere to me. <wink>

Wolf,
I've been reading all of Richard Herman, a writer along the lines of Tom Clancy and Dale Brown, my favorite action genre. I found Herman from a free offer on his first book by Amazon Prime. I loved it so ordered every book they had of his. They cost between $.99 and $2.99. However in the Pontowski series they only had books one "Firebreak," two "Call To Duty," and five, "The Last Phoenix." The local library only had book four, "Iron Gate" in that series. So I ordered the hardback on Amazon used Of Dark Wing that came in last week as I was finishing another of his books, a stand alone called "The Trojan Sea." I hate reading a series out of order so I use websites that show the order of books so I can catch up. Here is the one with the order of his books: Order of Richard Herman Books - OrderOfBooks.com
I was floored that a used book cost 1 penny, and $3.99 for shipping came in like new! Jacket etc. I do not buy hard covers or paperbacks anymore since I sold off my library I lugged around the world for decades. I use exclusively my three Kindles, one the Fire HDX 7" so I can read at night since it is really a full tablet, with a very nice screen. I actually prefer my old non touch and touch non backlit kindles. I like that my books are there for me to re-read anytime in the future. They also let me "borrow" any of the Prime books one at a time. I've used that but when I find a new fave author, I have to snag them while I can on sale. So I end up with a night in bed kindle that is self illuminated and day kindles that read perfectly in bright light. I don't know how I ever got along without them. My Significant Harassment ( a term of endurement) started reading again and has commandeered my older button operated Kindle.
Looks like we've many readers here. I loved everything Richard Bach wrote too Wolf.

Dee,
Primary and HS dreams? Mine are boring flying dreams and naked in public dreams which I have often.

FBL,
Me too!

RZ,
I had excellent dental care from the Air Force for 27 years, and kept it up but my genetic makeup wasn't cooperating. You can't beat city hall. So, at 56, I stopped paying my dentist the big bucks and had all yanked in one morning, then had my new full set of dentures in place that afternoon. The first year was the hard part. Then it is a new set every five to ten years. A set of dentures here cost about the same as a root canal and crown. The math is a no brainer.

IP,
That is a tough situation. Your friend is lucky to have you.

Hi Sassy!

Toots,
I too envy you your story telling abilities and book writing successes. No sour grapes here though! I want to read one and will as soon as I get one of these:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Round Tuit.jpg (79.6 KB, 37 views)