View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Upwardspiral

Hi all. Cbf, glad you're back. Hope you'll keep posting and not be too hard on yourself. In a few days I bet the sting will have worn off a bit. The times I've relapsed I took an "oh well I'm a ##ck up" attitude and kept on drinking for months before resurfacing. Don't do that to yourself.

I have whacky sleep too. When I first quit I couldn't sleep at all, then I started dropping at 9 p.m. and waking up refreshed at 6. Now I seem to have leveled off at my old high school routine: go to bed anytime between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. and have to fight the devil to get out of bed before 9 a.m. I put off going to bed because I hate laying awake. When I was younger I was plagued with terrifying thoughts and images. Now I'm just in physical pain from various old injuries and I toss and turn. It's so hard for me to be still, ever, that I have to be exhausted or wasted.
Melatonin, surprisingly, knocks me out pretty well if I'm not too achy... That and if I don't stare at my space phone for hours right before bed
Take care all.