View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Hi FF
I understand the too much time thing. Tonight my daughter goes to her Dad's for 3 nights. I'm all by myself....its very hard. And its very depressing....tend to start focusing on what I don't have vs what I do. I'm trying to find things to fill up the time. I joined some meetups revolving around meditation, refuge recovery, buddhism....haven't gone yet, but I know when they are. I am trying to get some volunteer work. Not just stuff at the local shelters but stuff that might train me for a new vocation once my daughter leaves for Uni. I walk the dogs, do my yoga, go to the gym....even head out to the local cafe and just read and drink some joe. But I completely relate. I've gone to AA too, and Smart. Just not real interested in that right now. Bottom line is, I have to keep moving forward...even if its small steps. Oh and I eat a lot! I made this stuff my daughter is calling power pudding (don't laugh): Avocado, dates, coconut butter, raspberries, unsweetened cacao, honey, vanilla...all wizzed up in the food processor. Totally amazing. Better than chocolate pudding...ok I'm babbling. Hang in there.