View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
KeyofC

There is a "Daily Recovering Readings" post that I read..it has a lot to do with AA. Even if you don't go to AA the things they teach and work with are applicable to recovery in every way. Here is a message taken out of that that I think applies to some people struggling here:

"We choose the lives we lead. We choose sadness or happiness; success for failure; dread or excited anticipation. Whether or not we are conscious of our choices, we are making them every moment.

Accepting full responsibility for our actions is one of the requirements of maturity. Not always the easiest thing to do, but necessary to our further development. An unexpected benefit of accepting our responsibility is that it heightens our awareness of personal power. Our well being is within our power. Happiness is within our power. Our attitude about any condition, present or future, is within our power, if we take it.
Life is “doing unto us” only what we allow. And it will favor us with whatever we choose. If we look for excitement, we’ll find it. We can search out the positive in any experience. All situations present seeds of new understanding, if we are open to them. Our responses to the events around us determine whatever meaning life offers. We are in control of our outlook. And our outlook decides our future.

This day is mine, fully, to delight in – or to dread. The decision is always mine."

Food for thought