View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

V - yes, I've always liked the jaywalker analogy, so true! And you've been through so much this past year, I'm glad you've been able to face all that sober and grateful. It's a true test.

I don't cook with wine anymore for the same reason Conquest cited - with the splash of wine comes an open bottle with 3/4 left, and in the past I would drink the hell out of that bottle even if I didn't intend to. I do try to avoid food prepared with alcohol now. I used to figure it didn't matter, but then I had some dish where I could really taste the wine, and it made me feel a little rabid. So I'm more cautious now. Alcohol is sneaky, sometimes you don't realize that it's in something. My friends are into kombucha, which is some kind of fermented something-or-other. It has a very small amount of alcohol, so little that you can buy it without an ID, but enough to faintly detect. So kombucha is another thing I strategically avoid when my friends try to share their nasty-ass home brew.

I know exactly what you mean about getting mesmerized by it. The sound of a cork squeaking out of a bottle always gets my attention. I can hear it from 30 feet away in a crowded party.

Dee - "bugbears," I just love the slang I hear from you guys. That's a new one for me.

I hope everyone has a good day!