Old 09-30-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Your question..."do you think he is going to try again?"

In my experience.....it wouldn't surprise me. Addicts need people who will support them, lend them money, love them no matter what, give up their friends, give up everything for them.......those people are gold mines to an active addict. Active addicts are resourceful.....they have to be.....and manipulation is a tool of that resourcefulness. They often come back again and again.......until that well dries up and they find the next one. They use fear, obligation and guilt and, of course, the almighty "I love you" to get what they need. Someone once told me that if an active addict is mad at you, you're probably doing the right thing.

I have also been addicted to two addicts in my life. Like you, I prided myself in how supportive I was of them......not knowing that the type of support I was giving was deadly.....for them and for me. One was my husband (ex)......the other.......my son.

You are a bright woman who deserves the best of life. The hardest thing to do is to walk away, let it go, and let him find someone else to use up. You deserve a man who will walk beside you through life.......not one who needs you to pull him along. You are right.....you are young with a bright life ahead of you. I hope you embrace it and all it has to offer.

Take care of you.