View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
That's exactly how I feel Lovehoops. And I don't know how to ask for what I need or how to set boundaries, because for many years I drank to numb my needs and feelings and kept going anyway.

They walked all over me but because I was drunk so it didn't hurt so much. I would be tired, overwhelmed, terrified...and I drunk and kept going.

Now I don't know how to ask, or set boundaries while sober. I feel like they don't care about me...when the truth is I have no clue how to ask...so I resent them.
Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I can't stop thinking that I'm not worth it Dee...how do I go from killing myself with alcohol and pills every day to treating my life and body with respect? I don't even remember when was the last time I looked at the mirror and felt like I deserved something good...

The future terrifies me Dee...
None of us jumped into recovery without needing a little renovatin' Patricia

I had no idea on boundaries and I was terrified of the future too - but I trusted people here who said it would get better - and it did.

If you've done things a second way for years it's gonna take a little time to learn some new ways...but it's worth it. You're worth it

D