View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
lovehoops

Good afternoon all...hope everyone is well..

Patricia I have been thinking of you. I only had a few minutes to catch up on the posts . Everyone's advice is so thoughtful and insightful. Xo.
All I can add at this point is along the same lines as the others. ....when I changed , my family's attitude changed. When I drink, they can't stand me. My husband and my kids! My kids are 22, 20 & 17....they can tell in an instant when I'm drunk and they hate it. And each time I drink, I have to earn their trust back. I keep promising them " I won't do it again, this will be the last time" but they can no longer trust me because I keep drinking. I had almost 7 years sober a while ago...while life was not perfect, actually far from it, what I KNOW for sure is that my drinking ALWAYS made any situation ten times worse.
Just don't drink, do the next right thing and things will get better....not perfect...but definitely better.
They will respect you again and you will respect yourself!!!!! You are worth it!!!
I have some other info that may be helpful. I will try to PM you that later. I have to go, they need dinner!!!!!
Hugs to all xo

Ps...I will not even get into the s&$)@t my parents said to me. Talk about feeling bad about yourself!