View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
KeyofC

Glee I smile every time I see you have posted! Thank you! ((Hug))!
I have to say that my sobriety and recovery process is not a cake walk nor has it been easy for me. 71 days I try to learn something new every day. My coping skills I used to have were in survival mode. I learned those techniques from a bad childhood and they hung around into early adulthood and stuck around due to my addiction and not growing up emotionally due to the addiction.
As bad as I sometimes think I have it I have seen on here some folks have it far worse. I see that my life can change and will change if I work my recovery and believe in myself and apply the changes I need in my life. I see how lucky I am to have the support system and to really have the power of love work in my life. I see now that under all these cloaks I have worn in the past I am a good person and I deserve to have a positive life, addiction free. I want to scoop up these people who are having such a hard time and take them with me. I want to show them if they change their thinking it will change their lives! My heart breaks for them and I pray for anyone on this site who is suffering or struggling. ((Hug)). My words are genuine and I hope you find peace from your demons so you can have a good life. A life you were meant to have.