View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning Folks.

@ SecretDrinker: >>>He said 'you've made it 2 weeks, you can easily have one tonight and just go the next 2 weeks without, your liver starts repairing itself the day you stop drinking, it will be back to normal now probably.' <<< Just yesterday my husband informed me that a couple of drinks a day would be good for my heart. A few days before that, he reminded me that my blood glucose was so much better while drinking. Apparently our husbands miss their drinking buddies.

J: A sober date. That's a big hurdle - great job!

ForBetterLife: Sometimes when I'm in my Woe is me mode, I can't think of benefits to quitting. One of the biggest benefits I am having, though, is minimal morning anxiety. I still have it later in the day or in the evening, but most of the morning anxiety is gone. I'm thinking the morning anxiety was the result of drinking the night before. I would not want to be back on Day 1 either.

Fruity: Yes, insomnia is a b***h. I self medicated with my insomnia by drinking more and more. Along with a whirring mind, my restless legs contributed to it. Perhaps when you're released, your medical staff will prescribe something or suggest something so you don't find yourself in a position of self medicating.

Sending strength and courage to everyone who are starting or continuing another sober day. ((September Class))