View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

SD, isn't that the best feeling??? I feel much the same way, here on Sunday morning. I really didn't think I could make it through this weekend.

ClearEyes, nothing is quite as rewarding as doing right by our kids.

I feel like every day I am learning something new about myself, about getting through cravings, about just experiencing evenings sober, about getting through weekend days sober when I'm not so sure what to do with myself (even though there are a thousand things to do). Even though I've been on this rollercoaster fora few years, and it's not my first day 17, I am constantly learning.

What I know for sure is that I do NOT want to be back at day one or those first few days. That is what is keeping me going right now. That and I don't want to wake up full of regret and hating myself and hating how I feel. There are moments, many of them, that feel strange, and maybe even empty. Naturally, my mind just feels like that void, that uncomfortableness, should be filled with alcohol. Its like we are training our brains all over again.

Here I am up at 6 am on Sunday morning. I will be walking my dog, taking my daughter to Sunday school, and then just basically a lot of my usual Sunday getting ready for the week stuff. I feel like I dodged some major bullets this weekend and that today should be relatively easy,but I'm on guard because you just never know when it will hit. There's always an excuse or "reason" to drink, isn't there?