View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
ClearEyes24

good morning all and to our friends across the pond….up early for a round of golf- no hangover this morning and I love it! Day 13 for me today and other than a brutal "should I or shouldn't I" moment last Thursday, I have been doing ok. SD- my brain did the exact same thing as yours did when you were sitting in your car waiting for your hubby. It sounds like he doesn't fully understand alcoholism but most people don't. Especially if you don't have it…..hell, I didn't understand it myself until the last 12 months but I've been wrestling it for the past decade. I'm glad you didn't give in and you will be SO glad this a.m….great job.

Fuzzy- your posts aren't boring at all….they are great. I did a brief stint in rehab a couple of years ago and while I can't say it was pleasant, I felt in a very strange way that I was with "my people". The medical attention is nice too as withdrawals and detox in general can be brutal. Please keep posting and let us know how you are….

My teenager had a semi-formal dance last night and I had to pick him up at 10:30 p.m In the past, this would have been a buzzed adventure…nervous driving…stunted conversation for fear he'd discover I'd been drinking….straight to bed to sleep it off. This year….sober driving, great conversation about the night….stop for ice cream. Fully present, fully sober- life was very good despite a fidgety alcohol-free night on the couch watching television..

have a great Sunday everyone….