View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
3wolves

I agree Arbor,
My boss has 17 years sobriety. I'm having a meeting with her tomorrow, away from work to talk. I know she will be supportive. I've kept silent about it in the eight years I have worked for her.
My daughter and son in law know, they have been angry about it for awhile. There are fabulous things that are happening in their world, they want me in it, NEED my help caring for one of their children, but pull no punches about the drinking. My son in law has 5 years sobriety. See, I have all this support around me...still I hid my alcohol, I never lied to her if she asked if I was sober, goodness, so many times I said yes, she said thanks and hung up. Right now, I don't think she would believe me for awhile. I am going to have to live it for her to believe it.
My thoughts are scattered today. Can't focus on anything for more than....o look a squirrel! Kind of day. My oldest grand child (age15) will be here tonight. He's the kind of kid that reads Aesops Fables, but saved enough money to buy his own riding lawnmower while mowing yards. He is bright, will be watching me tonight. Yesterday when I came home from work, he stopped by (they live close) to say hi....but he picked up my tea glass, sniffed it and tasted it. Neither of us said a word.
Crimeny, I'm babbling.
Off I go. Whew. Thanks for being here. Hugs.