View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
KeyofC

Just some thoughts I felt to share:
Saskia,
I am only now at 67 days feeling like I can handle some party type situations. I do it very cautiously. I find people, when feeling inebriated, will try to coerce you to drink maybe not realizing the damage they're doing. I was great fun to have around in the beginning of my drinking evening because I am so dramatic and vocal. So people will say "oh come on! one drink won't hurt you!" Well they're right one wont hurt me, but unfortunately I can't have just one. And your bar won't have enough to satisfy me either. Lol Not so much the case once the angry me arrived..you know, the Jekyll Hyde Me, after I have had the dreaded fifty too many!Then everyone wished someone would shoot them dead to end their pain of me being in the same room. I also am learning that when I have had enough of the party, I leave. I don't even have to say anything about my alcoholism. I just say I am having so much fun I am wore out..or I have an early morning gotta go! My husband has even started to realize that he knows I am allowing certain things to benefit him really so that we don't end everything we used to do together, but he also realizes I have to take it in small doses and that I may never be ok with full blown partying ever again. I am so happy for you that you are recognizing your limits. It's about learning to think and live differently and limits/boundaries are what it consists of a whole lot. Good for you!! ((HUG))!
Waywardson,
I am glad you've had less cravings! The fuzzy head (or fog as I refer to it) will pass with time. I can't put a definite time frame on it as it's differs from person to person. Just be patient with it.

I am a work in progress, everyday. Everyday I commit to another 24. Everyday I write a list of things I am grateful for. Everyday I chat with my HP. Everyday I work on changing my thinking and my actions or reactions to life in general. My goal is to stay vigilant, sober, and working on recovery.