View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Sd, I like your perspective. Rather than being mad at myself for entertaining thoughts of drinking , I should smile and be proud that I did what I needed to do (usually eat and/or drink something ) to not act on those thoughts. Gosh, I'm so hard on myself ! Mad at myself I drink and mad if I don't, just for thinking about it !

Startingover - sounds like you have a good plan for dinner. Cranberry and lemonade sounds great, there is something about cranberry juice (I drink it with seltzer) that really seems to satisfy me when I want to drink alcohol. Hope you had a nice sober evening with your husband

I am finally getting used to (again) evenings without my beer or wine hidden in my bedroom. It good until just about now (two weeks) for that awkward "something's missing", "don't know what to do with myself" feeling to go away on weekday nights. I plan each night, and make sure there isn't too much wide open time, especially before I eat. And I CANNOT stop at ANY store on my way home from work no matter what. I need to eat first, then I'm usually out of the woods. Sounds so silly, but this is what's working for me )

Welcome to those who are just starting. It gets better, stick with it