View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 01:25 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Cbf, it's quite common to get to three months and then listen to AV instead of reason, our very own BeFree had quite a few 3 month lapses. I guess the trick is to be prepared for it and to do something differently to what you always have. Look at your support network, how can you improve that? ( Becoming an Undie is a great start!) look at your toolkit, what can you practise? There are plenty of us here with experience in every aspect of recovery so ask away, lean, vent, whatever. As long as you pour me a coffee every time the kettle is on!

BeFree I hope you get the new staff and it eases your load. I'm sure the added work stress hasn't helped you lately. How's your mom getting on with your gfather?

Fradley, at 2.5 years, just recently in Italy at a wine tasting ( and no I didn't choose to go they seem to be tagged into the end of every excursion in the Chianti region, no idea why!!) I was being asked 'surely you could just have a small taste?' And yes, for a fleeting moment reason left me and I wanted to say ohhhh, okaaay. Fortunately reason flew back and got AV in a choke hold though I was slightly discombobulated for the rest of the day.

Dee, you don't feel the danger any more, I feel, because you are here daily bolstering up your commitment to sobriety, you never allow AV a chance. It is to our benefit that you are so committed to your sobriety and to helping the SR community down the same path.

Path, or KeyofC is that Route 66 for the day?!! You sound in good spirits and in a god place.

WWS, I hope you are enjoying your down time with no cravings.

Casey, work/life balance is important but you do have to out food on the table. I hope you are able to sort something that helps you in both.

Cauliflower? How's things?

Popeye, good to see you, we need a strong arm to open the pickle jars around here! 10 months is great.

Well for those who are heading into the weekend I hope you have a great one, a sober one, a happy one.