Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post

Furthermore, I'm happy to write that I have no cravings and my AV is sufficiently holed up in wherever it goes when it's not bothering me.
'Sufficiently holing up my AV" after having one glass of wine is what I think that I would find most problematic. I haven't tested this scenario so it's only a theory but here is how I think it would go for me:

After the one and only one glass of wine: "Wow; that went well. Good, over and done but no more".

A few nights or a week later, while out to dinner with friends: "Well; that one glass of wine the other night didn't lead to any problems. I think I'll have a glass of wine with everyone else".

A few days later: "Well, Leigh, those glasses of wine weren't a problem; I'll bet I could have two glasses of wine - no sweat".

Eventually, I would have myself convinced that three glasses of wine was a splendid idea and so I'd slide down that dark path and into that abyss from which I struggled so hard to climb out.

Keep a good eye on your AV, GC; if he's anything like mine, he's a sneaky little *%*@.