View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Secretdrinker

Originally Posted by FaithfulAndFree View Post
Day 5 here, and the wine cravings are starting to appear. The difference here is that I'm retreating to SR and not the store. Pray for me guys.
Congrats on day 5,FF!

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Day 20. Feel like a marathon runner who has hit the wall. I'm exhausted (not sleeping well again) and down, waiting for a change that ain't necessarily going to happen.
Yep, this is me. Initially I felt great, when I think I should have been feeling the worst. Day 1-5 I had so much energy, getting out of bed was so easy. Now I'm back to dragging myself out like I did when I was hungover, I'm THAT tired when I wake, and all day.

I know it will pass though. I take comfort in the knowledge that there are countless people on this site that have been through the exact same thing and have come out the other side. Back to my old favourite saying 'This too shall pass'....just gotta stick with it for a little longer!

Originally Posted by Frank14 View Post
Checking in for the first time.
Day 4 for me and heading into the weekend. Yikes! I've "quit" many times, which usually lasts only days or weeks (I did go 35 days once). Now that I am up to about 3/4 - 1 full bottle of Vodka per night I realize it's gotta stop. The hangovers, guilt, and bad decisions have gotten old. Not sure if I can do it, but wish me luck
Good luck Frank, and welcome