View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
sobriiestote

Originally Posted by SoberMadi View Post
Hi there. Today is day 4 for me. I have a lot more to say, and will when I have more time. But wanted to introduce myself. So here I am. This is literally the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life and I feel so depressed about it but I know that sobriety is the path I have no choice but to take.
Sobermadi - you sound like you're ready to face it, so was I but it took me 6 months of "goodbye drinking/knowing I had to stop" before I made an appointment with my dr. Best thing I ever did, he literally gave me the map out of the maze I was stuck in. I was given meds to aid stopping, not sure I "needed" them but it sure as hell made it a lot easier, no withdrawal symptoms AT ALL and knowing I had made a date and a plan with medical professionals made it very real for me, it was no longer just whirring around my head, it was written in the diary, booked appointments and I was off on Sept 7th.

17 days sober now after doing 120+ units a week (1-2 bottles of wine a night).

No regrets, clear head, sleeping like crazy, hitting the hay by 9 every night but waking up refreshed and glad to face the day with no hangover.

It's also nice to start planning activities for the weekend not having to make them late morning / afternoon to allow for the fog to clear!

I may just go out at 6am on Saturday and take a photo of the sunrise because I'm sober and because I can!!!

Good luck, pm me if you want to chat xxx