Thread: Happiness
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by unsureoffuture View Post
Thank you for sharing!!! I hope to be where you are soon. I have moved on, established my independence, but I'm still nervous about the dating and boundaries. I'm scared I will fall into the same co-dependent trap again. Its nice to hear you are doing so well. Keep up the great work!!!
Oh, I still fall into my codependent stuff. Not really issues with boundaries (I worked on that a lot in therapy and I practice it today in my current relationship and things are good) but I struggle with unhealthy obsessive thinking. I use my program friends, meetings, family, and my relationship with my Higher Power to get me through.

Honestly, things are truly good with my new guy. He is buying a brand new house (new build) just down the road from me and he wanted me there when he put the money down and picked out the structural options. He would ask me, "What do you think?", when the agent asked him about certain options, LOL. It's nice to know he values my opinion.

Now, on the other side of things: He currently lives 15 miles from me but when this house is done, he'll be 1.8 miles from me. That will certainly bring out the stalker in me, LOL! No, really, it's something I'll have to work on with my sponsor. It's a gated single family home community but I'm sure I'll have the gate code and I'll have to really work hard to control my CRAZY.