View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Originally Posted by Dazee View Post
Hi there
I joined sr years ago and it helped me get sober for quite some time. I had a few slips here and there but managed to get back up. This year has been different, "slips" are longer and the sober time between them shorter (I'd say about 3 months).
I'm on day 2, better than yesterday, but this time is one too many times. Need to do something different, maybe go to AA (never thought I'd even consider it), or find a way out of this rut. I've done therapy and have a shrink (I have an anxiety disorder) and they helped, but I'm still struggling 4 years later.
I've been lurking around a few days looking for answers and I don't have it figured out but so appreciate the kindness and honesty of this forum.
Hi Dazee welcome back! Congrats on day 2...first 5 days is so hard, as you know.
So many of us have anxiety issues...I have GAD and Ptsd...not sure which is worse. And because I'm an addict I can only have meds when its confirmed I'm in full Ptsd mode...which is rare thank goodness! Alcohol truly makes these conditions infinitely worse, for me anyway.

I got sober the first time, for 9 months, in AA. I learned a ton and the fellowship was great (that was when I lived in Cali). I have tried dozens of meetings where I am and no such luck. But the program of AA, the steps, I think can help anyone who is interested in understanding their 'issues' and moving past them, even non alcoholics. You're doing great.