View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi Undies

BlueFairy - When I first got sober it was such a relief to slow down. I just needed to rest for a little while. I think self care is an important part of recovery, after all those years of mistreating my mind, body and soul.

WWS - Great idea to reach out to your supervisor for support. There may not be anything s/he can do to prevent this from happening again, but you can definitely come up with a plan so that the work is evenly distributed.

BoozeFree - I can't begin to imagine the hurt, betrayal, and fear you and your mom are experiencing over your grandpa's girlfriend's recent actions. I know you have a heart of gold and will make sure that he's safe and secure.

Big stressors can set off a chain reaction of events that ever so slowly but surely undermine sobriety. For me it's been imperative to have a program in place to guide me and sober people to point me back in the right direction.

Casey - I think it's inspiring to see your choices align with your sobriety. That's recovery in action.
No "yeah buts" -- as in, "YEAH, I should work days because it's better for my mind/body/soul, BUT I prefer to work nights." It circles back to self care. Thank you for sharing!

KeyofC, Inc, Carlos, Drake - Hi!!!!!

I've been doing pretty well. I'm struggling a bit to lose weight. The key for me is to not allow it to allow that frustration to turn into an all consuming concern. As another alcoholic kindly reminded me as I was stressing over it, it's not like I'm dealing with alcohol here. She's right. I'll get there in due time. Gratitude, which helps me so much with alcoholism, really helps me put this diet frustration into perspective too. I keep an ongoing list on the gratitude board.

Be well Undies!!