View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Croissant

Oh Leshar, what a find in the midst of your cleanup. I had this thought, like you were meant to find it and it was Larrys voice encouraging you on through your cleanup. Hugs - I bet it was a hard, but wonderful, moment.

I also think you are very right about friends and isolating. Just in the past week or two, I really had a great epiphany about this, that I really let a lot of friends or colleagues slip away with no effort to keep in touch. It is one of my goals moving forward to make the effort and have richer relationships. Towards the end, all I wanted to do was get home and drink, so there's lots of work to do on the connecting and reconnecting front and I feel my sobriety is strong enough to take it now.

Snooz, just do what you can to get through this early bit! .I've now cut out most sugar completely., but it did help in the crazy first few months.

Wolfy...I feel sad no one has tried to claim the dog. But Snooz and Leshar are right, she couldn't be in better hands. Make sure if you do put a sign up that someone has to prove they own her if they answer it. Like produce photos of her or something.