View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 02:09 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

5:00am and I am getting ready for work and feeling great. I might try your plan Inc about tugging on your ear to remember the good vibes. Had a great time with the extended family yesterday. Finally told my father that I had quit drinking . I don't know why it was so difficult for me, I guess it was a macho thing about being able to hold my liquor like a man. My father's mantra was always "Work hard and party hard." He simply said," You have to do what you feel you have to do." I think in the back of his mind, he was always concerned that his kids would turn into the abusive alcoholic his father was. It was really the first time that I kind of felt shameful about admitting a drinking problem to anyone, but now I know it's not really a big deal. I am not about to post on Facebook about it, but it seems that people are far more accepting of people trying to get sober than I realized initially. I am finding out that virtually everyone has or had an alcoholic grandfather or uncle or best friend in their life and realize the pain that addiction caused that individual and their friends and family.

Have a great Monday everyone!