View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Happy sunday

Good morning everyone. Lovely cool Sunday morning...although it's supposed to get to the mid 80's...will be nice. Hike this morning. More of a power hike....2 miles up, then easy walk back down. Views of the city. It's a popular place so I love observing the people.

There's so much talk about boredom...not just in this thread. And I understand completely. I don't have the answers because there is always something to do. Yet I still feel.....empty maybe? Lonely? I think the key word is I'm feeling. Each moment. I'm not drunk, hungover, thinking about drinking, regretting drinking, ashamed about yesterday or fearful of tomorrow. All that mental gyration takes up a lot of space and time. My mind is free so to speak. Since I'm used to dwelling on or worrying about something, I worry about, well, nothing. Gosh there's nothing to worry about so I'm going to worry about not worrying. My mind is bouncing around looking for something to chew on and when it can't find anything it gets restless and discontent. It is a matter of staying busy, making lists, knowing the times I'm most restless and doing something. But ultimately accepting that this is normal life. Just settle in and relax. Took me years to foul my thinking up, it's going to take a while to straighten it out. I don't know.

Drinking will only kick me back to go....