View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Rar

@ Midton: A couple of weeks before I quit drinking I quit sugar. Today I've had massive sugar cravings. In fact I'm famished despite eating a lot and well. I've been on an eating binge today and I can't get enough. My mouth just has to keep going. I also binging on water

I've seen posts on here where others say that sugar really helps the cravings. Because I'm a diabetic, I can only eat very little sugar. However, sugar is a carbohydrate. When we eat carbohydrates, we crave more carbohydrates soon after. Have you ever eaten a huge carb heavy meal only to go in search of something else to eat a little while later? If one begins to restrict their carbohydrates, the desire or urge for other carbs (including sugar) will pass and probably be gone in a couple of days. Have you every heard of someone having a HUGE craving for protein or gone in search of something containing lots of protein ? Try examining the other meals you're eating to see the carb load. Might help?

I also have been water or seltzer water binging. I can actually hear all that liquid sloshing around.

I hope you find something fun today and perk up.