View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Midton

Boredom, boredom, boredom.

I'm on the second day of a five day national holiday. Yesterday was great, and expensive. Today however my wife had arranged to do fruit picking with my. When I came back from the gym one of my kids was going to his friends at 1 then the another was going swimming at 3. My eldest has been away all day. Basically without letting me know my plans were cancelled. So I spent what was a beautiful autumn day watching YouTube. Tomorrow my wife and youngest are away all day.

I know I'm an adult and can do things myself but I hate not making the most of days off. I hate it even more when my family don't involve me in their plans. I feel just pointlessly mulling around is dangerous in that boredom leads to potential cravings. In the past holidays would mean drinking, whether I wanted to or not. Not drinking meant not making the most of the holiday, an almost capital crime to me.

A couple of weeks before I quit drinking I quit sugar. Today I've had massive sugar cravings. In fact I'm famished despite eating a lot and well. I've been on an eating binge today and I can't get enough. My mouth just has to keep going. I also binging on water.

Crappy day. I have to do something proactive tomorrow.