View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 11:00 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
wehav2day

Wow diggie, that's a great update! Glad you and gf are doing so well! I heard about all the security craziness on the radio. I had a layover in Philly and the airport had all sorts of pope stuff for sale, I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting anything. Gotta love a little pope bling...

Marcher, still sending you good thoughts.

C update: this disease really really sucks. This evening I came downstairs to j talking to him outside again. I could tell it was another quack fest. I took a moment to ready myself, and looked up an aa meeting for the night.

He's end stage. It's not pretty. We talked and he's all over the place. He gets philosophical, angry, depressed, rants all in 5 minutes. It's like talking to pure insanity. I drove us to the meeting, j came too. Her very first meeting (it was open).

It was a vey good meeting. Everybody knew c. On the way, he told me he's been kicked out of many meetings over the years. That seemed odd to me, but I think I saw why. He tries to start side convos in shares and gets a little belligerent. You could see everyone trying to ignore it 'cause they knew he needed that meeting.

Well in all the hanging out and the meeting, and talking to an old timer after, he pretty much sobered up. I tried to get him to let me take him to the hospital for detox. We sat with him for hours. We sat in my car. Even though he said to take him home, I drove to the hospital and sat in the lot there for a while in case he changed his mind. Nope.

The old timer after the meeting told me that I can try to help c, but he has the right to die. That was hard to hea but true. I tried to get him the help he needs. He knows it was a turning point. He knows that I've set more boundaries. I told him that if he chooses to get help, I'll take him to the hospital any time. But if he chooses not to help himself, not to count on me talking to him. He knows how I feel about his choice. I broke down and cried. Didn't mean to, but couldn't help it. I told him that I can't watch him kill himself so I won't be spending time with him if he stays on this path. I don't know what else to do.

I talked to my sponsor and sober buddies I talk to in real life, but could use still use more cyber hugs. And prayers for c.