View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
digdug

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Ok. All caught up. Finally!

Joy - Good luck with the yoga. My sponsor is actually a yoga teacher on the side, which is hilarious because he is a 6'4" tall black guy built like a linebacker who still bounces clubs on the weekends. He keeps trying to get me to go, but I am so uncoordinated and I'm afraid I'll mess up my hips.

Gilmer - For the first two years of my sobriety, I didn't cook with wine. For me, cooking with wine used to be, add 4 ounces to the dish and drink the rest of the bottle as a warm up for the hard stuff. But actually eating food with cooked alcohol was never a trigger. So I tried all the substitutes: diluted vinegar, chicken stock, grape juice, etc. Nothing was as good as the real thing. But back in January, I started doing the food delivery service thing, and some of the recipes have wine. I like how the send me the pre-measured amount in a tiny little medicine bottle. There is no temptation to drink 2 ounces of cooking wine, so it works for me. Could I go into a liquor store (as you know, they don't sell wine in the grocery store here in PA), buy a bottle, cook with it and pour the rest out without drinking? Yes. Would it make me uncomfortable doing the above? Most definitely. Maybe when I move in with my girlfriend in November, she will handle your husband's wine measuring duties lol.

Ken - good luck with the move! I'll be in Memphis in October and November for work. Don't know how far that is from where you'll be living.

Toots and Wehav - glad you enjoyed your vacations!

We - sucks about your neighbor. I've sponsored several guys and sometimes they just aren't ready. Nothing I can do about it. The guy I'm currently sponsoring won't call me and hasn't for three weeks now. Haven't seen him at a meeting either. Oh well. I can only lead a horse to water. One thing I do up front is to set clear boundaries. I do not allow a sponsee in my apartment until they have a year sober. We only meet in public. I tell them what I do for a living but not where I work.

So are you going to in-person AA meetings now? I'm traveling to Findlay Ohio some time in the next month or two, so I'll be checking out some Ohio AA.

Marcher - here's hoping for good news on your medical tests.

North - congrats on 25 years with your hubby!

Love to Duff, Sass Trachy, Shoes, Dee and anyone else I forgot.

Work is getting really hectic. I'm working all weekend. Then I'm jumping on a plane Monday to Phoenix. The following week I'll be in LA. Then it's off to Michigan and Oklahoma.

The Pope is here next weekend. I'll be staying in New Jersey with my girlfriend. My apartment is in the "security zone." They're erecting fences with metal detectors so I'd have to go through a checkpoint just to get into my place. Not dealing with that. My office is closed Friday and Monday so everyone is working from home anyway.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!