View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
gleefan

KeyofC - Congratulations on 60 days. That is a great milestone! I hope you enjoy your road trip with your husband this weekend.

WWS - I'm glad you're going to check out the info Dee posted about support groups. I didn't start out going to AA believing in a whole lot of what it offers or suggests; I just wanted a place to go to take drinking off the table for an hour. I took what I needed and left behind the rest. Finding a support group can help carry you through the next craving, and onward toward a happy, peaceful life.

Happiness - Great job holding off your craving. Keep stringing those great choices together.

Dizzy - Great job on 133 days of making the right choices for your health and sanity. The 12 steps are powerful, and have helped me learn to live a good life. I'm glad you're finding hope and healing in them.

BlueFairy - It's nice to meet you. Thanks for sharing your story. Also, congratulations on 133 days sober. Sounds like you've battled some tough situations in your addictions. Like you I'm an addict through and through.

Amp - I'm glad things are going well and that you feel positive about your life and your choices in sobriety.

Casey - Glad you're doing well. Enjoy your weekend.

Angie - I was reading your other thread. I think you did a great job finding healthy and productive things to do instead of drink tonight. I know weekends are tough for you. Stay close! Weekends used to be so hard for me, too. With time and work, they're not anymore. I say jump into any AA meeting! (Then let us know how it goes.)

I'm usually pretty comfortable socially but I was not comfortable at my first meetings. I kept going back because I didn't want to drink, plus someone would always say something that resonated with me. Some meetings are better than others, and even great meetings have off nights. I'd recommend trying a few different ones and giving them a lot of chances.

A sober life is different than I expected but better than I knew possible. Thanks as always Toots, Saskia, and Carlos for your practical advice and inspiring perspectives.