View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Leshar,

I wish you the best in tapering and withdrawal. I had very a unpleasant experiance earlier this year. Your DR will help you taper slowky hopefully.

I saw my gp and he is proud i have quit smoking. Going keep an eye on the random insomnia .
He told me I could see him for my anxiety and meds of necessary so its good to have a back up. I feel completely stupid calling him about running out of meds. He probably thinks i am pill popper and there is a reason why my psychiatrist did want to fill it orginally. It doesn’t help being unavailable and out of state either.

My orginal psych would have done it and understood. I remember he gave me a prescription and i washed it in the washing machine. No bs. He called a new on in with no questions asked. I am hooked on the meds. They help me with my anxiety. I hope to get off them. However, even being smoke and alcohol free i get bad anxiety and panic attacks. I dont feel i am abusing my meds. Just making my case worse now. It bothers me to have been worrying about withdrawal and creating a perception i am just trying to get meds. Now i feel stupid about the whole thing. Ok i let it go. Thats all i have to say on the matter.
Try not to worry too much about your anxiety meds, letitgo; if you are taking them for a valid reason and as prescribed, trust yourself and your doctor that they maintain and enhance your emotional wellbeing (and, in turn - as our systems don't work in isolation, your total well-being). You and your doc will know when it is right to stop the meds; your doc will advise and formulate a weaning schedule when the time comes.

This will work out, in good time.