View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
KeyofC

Thank you Toots, Booze, Glee, Casey, Saskia!
I feel that from reading about everyone else's lives and situations it helps reflect on my perspective on things. I am so grateful to have found SR. I am thankful my loved ones got so fed up dealing with my crap that they laid it all on the line. My deal is an "all or nothing" deal. If I drink they are seriously done with me. Unless I am done too (I don't foresee that happening) I won't pick up anything knowingly with alcohol in it. I don't want my marriage to end or my kids to walk away. I must've been a real a$$ is all I can conclude because I don't remember a lot of what they refer to as examples. So I am left with figuring out the issues and maturing myself on how I deal with them.
No matter what, hands down I am 100% already a better person even after my young 59 days! I'm shocked at how different I am inside and out. I know I'll have triggers. I know I'll have situations happen, maybe even monumental life changes. That's life in its unpredictability. I pray that I can use all my defenses and exhaust all options to help me deal with it and not ever pick up that drink ever again!
Happy Thursday Unders! Yall rock!