View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 11:21 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

BeFree I am glad you are feeling happier in your skin, I am glad you feel you have a good relationship with your counsellor it's hard to work on intimat issues with someone we don't wholeheartedly trust. Don't just read that BB though, get out to some meetings! ( toots finger wag!) x

Ptencik, I thought I had gotten drinking again there for a minute! Hope you get to someone who can read that and go ' with you on that one kiddo'

Glee I often don't comment on your posts, merely because I know you so well, but I should because I know how hard you have worked at your sobriety, how difficult it has been to work sobriety into the parts of your life you can't change, and how much you of you life you have changed to build on your recovery to continue finding the right balance in how to live a new Glee 2.0 life.
I have so much respect for how you have found your inner strength and pushed through. So if I don't comment often, it's not because I don't care, it's because when my sister speaks to a room of folk who don't really know how awesome she is, I just shut up and let them hear you and learn from you. X

Fradley, it was really good to see your post and see how you are getting on. I love your way of seeing things.

Incontrol, I have found that taking a moment to understand our mood and where it is coming from is hugely important in recovery, keep it up!

KeyofC I respect you for being able to be so open about your alcoholism with family members, I have been careful who I share the specifics with ( though of course everyone notices I don't drink anymore ) you are so right to avoid obvious triggers ( or just situations where getting drunk is the main point not just a potential end result. ) as long as you prepare well for the wedding itself you will be fine. I use imagery a lot to palm for those situations, seeing myself happy and having fun, glass of soda in hand...)

Well done all undies on your constant vigilance