View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Sorry for the negative posts.

Thanks Wolf, yeah it is getting done. Sorry you have those insufferable migraines.

Mags yeah it can suck. That's the great thing about it. If we know when it sucks, that's because we've experienced the times life didn't suck, maybe even is glorious, or at least satisfying.

Yes we are seeing more Alzheimer's lately. I think it is because we are seeing a lot more decades of life lately:

Excerpt:
"The dramatic increase in average life expectancy during the 20th century ranks as one of society’s greatest achievements. Although most babies born in 1900 did not live past age 50, life expectancy at birth now exceeds 83 years in Japan—the current leader—and is at least 81 years in several other countries. Less developed regions of the world have experienced a steady increase in life expectancy since World War II, although not all regions have shared in these improvements. (One notable exception is the fall in life expectancy in many parts of Africa because of deaths caused by the HIV/AIDS epidemic.) The most dramatic and rapid gains have occurred in East Asia, where life expectancy at birth increased from less than 45 years in 1950 to more than 74 years today."
That from the US National Institute on aging here: https://www.nia.nih.gov/research/pub.../living-longer

The time to worry about quality of life is while we have it. After it is gone, it is too late. I am having a major period of stress right now in moving, dealing with deaths in the family, many contractors, and today my SH's tablet died from some updates last night. Dell is sending a box and we lose all of the data as they will refurbish the system under warranty. Then I have to do all those updates again. I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. I think it is great that I know this too shall pass. So what if I feel like I am depressed and raging at the same time feeling a bit helpless. I am sober and will stay so. I think I'll take a nap. I have everything but still get knocked back on my heels by life sometimes. <sigh> It ain't what we have or don't. If alcohol were the answer, we asked the wrong question. The answer is . . . 42.