View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
startingover02

Hi all, nice to read how everyone is getting on. Thank you all so much for sharing and to read the mutual respect and understanding going on in this thread and so many others

Day 3 is in the bag for me (9pm here). I was working from 6.30am and had to spend a large portion of it running stock from the spirits/wine room. As it happened my colleague helping me run the stock got to talking about what my favourite tipple is. I've only worked there a couple of weeks so I just said 'just wine occasionally but I try not to drink often'. He went on to tell me that he doesn't drink at all as is a recovering alcoholic. He is in his late twenties, too. I was a bit over-awed as I've just started dealing with my issues and I've never had that conversation with anyone. I didn't disclose anything about myself but I did say I can understand how much will power that must have taken to give up and commended him for it.

Roll on day 4 tomorrow. I plan to do some of my mentoring coursework during the day, tidy the house and then I have an AA meeting on the night time. I've managed to contact one of the ladies I met last time and organise a lift/there back as transport was an issue for me; I'm proud that I reached out and didn't just see that barrier as a get-out clause

Wishing you all lots of positivity x