View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Hi everyone, Tuesday is almost over and I made it through day 2.

I called in sick to work. I need to stop doing that. I am not sick it just seems like work is too much to handle sometimes. And then I get extra anxiety from calling in sick and wish I would have just gone in.

I have lots of stuff I should have done around the house since I was home but didn't do anything, other than play on the computer and hang out with my fur kids.

I haven't been sleeping well so I think I will go to bed early and hopefully make tomorrow a good, productive day.

I hope everyone has a happy Wednesday
When I read your post, this reminded me of another post I read which really helped me. I wish I could remember it exactly, but it has to do with making a plan. Toward the end of my drinking, I was just sitting around the house, not getting much housework done, not cooking, not really enjoying hobbies, etc, Like you, that stuff was too much to handle for me. My inactivity was causing a lot of anxiety within me and the list of undone things got longer. After a few days of sobriety, (AS PART OF MY PLAN), I started doing the things that were on my mind - both things that needed doing and things I wanted to do. My anxiety lessened considerably and I feel so accomplished now. I would say I'm happy. I still have some undone things on my list today, which I hope to get to later. I just finished walking 11 holes of golf, so I'm resting. LOL.