View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Oh applekat, I do not miss that at all! Passing out, not sleeping, til 3am and then just laying there unable to fall back to sleep, heart racing, feeling terrible.

With all my backs and forth, I notice a pattern right about now at one week. Unfortunately a little complacency hits and I forget the awfulness of it all of course. But also, the first few days sober I start looking so much better- clear bright eyes and normal face coloring. But today is 6 days and this always happens at this point-- I wake up with "tired eyes", glassy and a little irritated and red, despite sleeping great. Also, my face is flushed, like I've been drinking. My kooky mind can flip this around as another excuse to drink and I'm sure it has before -- I look like I'm drinking anyway, so why not!! Not this time, I'm sure it will pass and I will come out looking even better, I just need to give it a darn chance !!
Don't do it Forabetterlife. Today is only one day. Even non alcoholics have days where they look and feel like heck. Everybody has those days, not just us. You have committed to not drinking today. Stick it out. We're here for you.