View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
I drank.

I came home and got lots of stuff done. My clothes. I went through the kitchen cabinets too.

Then my bf came home with beers for us. I hadn't told him my plans. Once they were in the house and ear marked for me it didn't take me long. I can say that I poured the beer and watched it for awhile before drinking it.

I"m so conflicted about my drinking habits. On the one side I like having a few like I did tonight. I'm not drunk right now and it's been awhile and he had the day off (we don't see a lot of each other because of our work schedules). I would miss that if I never drank again.

On the other side I don't like how it drinking has a way of taking priority with me. It sneeks in and I find myself drinking when it's not appropriate or too much than I'd like.

In the interest of transparency and honesty I owe it to the group to admit to drinking 5 tall boys tonight. If I could of gotten "away" with it I would of drank more but I have to work tomorrow. Left to my own devices if I'd chosen to drink on my way home I would of drank more like 8-10 by now.

I can't lay any of this on my bf's lap. I didn't tell him of my intentions and even if I had he's heard it all before only to see me reneg.

I honestly think that it is part of my DNA. There is no where where I could run and hide to escape it.... it is a part of me. I feel like I've come home when I drink.
Hi Zen. This is my situation too. Hubby and I drank together for years. The difference is that I've told my Hubby on several occasions that I was a 'problem' drinker and I can't have just one or a couple. Last week he brought home a 30 pack of my favorite beer. Anyway, today is Day 10 for me. The first several days were very hard when Hubby was drinking. Yesterday we had a squabble and I was white knuckling as Hubby poured back a 12 pack. (Bet he feels awful today). I stuck to my flavored seltzer while stewing inside. I drank over 3 liters, but I went to bed sober and woke up sober. Because I was angry, I would have kept drinking, as he did. Drinking just the seltzer wasn't so bad, though it seemed I was guzzling as I would have with the beer. 1st off, I think you need to tell him your intentions. Then perhaps have a new drink ritual with him. Many folks here like a sparkling or seltzer water. Hang in there.