View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Tuesday is closing. Daughter is cleaning her room...amazing. That's only because I threatened to wrastle her if she didn't. Getting the carpets cleaned tomorrow.

I had a massage today by a sports injury therapist. Wow. It hurt like heck at times but my back feels much better. She referred me to a chiropractor too so I'm going to try it. I've been in pain for so long it kind of shocked me to feel some relief for a few hours. Kind of exciting.

I was thinking today how kind of mundane my life is right now. But cha know, I'm really enjoying it. I get moments where I'm dissatisfied but mostly I'm ok with it. I know, from experience, that I need a lot of predictable scheduling when I'm in early recovery. So that means not a lot of changes for me for the next couple of years. Actually, I like predictable pretty much all the time!

Hope everyone is well. Resist cravings, they pass and usually quite fast. If you're in the first 30 days maybe make a list of things you can do when you have a craving. Review HALT, exercise, SR, call a friend, wash face, brush teeth (weird but that works for me), meditate for 10 minutes. I try to make it a challenge for me to really feel my feelings, acknowledge them, pinpoint the source, decide if I can do anything about them (other than drink) if I can't, let them go.