View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Glad to see this board so active today! It seems to be hot and cold lately, but I know that reading all of your posts is so helpful to me, whether you are on day one or day 12. I'm in the middle on day 4. Like many of you , so many failed attempts as well as some good sober stretches. All I know is that everytime I drink, I regret it, and every time I stop drinking for whatever length of time, I feel great. Seems like it should be so easy, right?
Midton, that is awesome that you are feeling so committed and without temptation. I have had moments where I feel like that and they are beautiful

I wake up feeling great and committed, but it wanes as the day goes on. By late afternoon, I start considering a drink "later". This is where it can go either way. If I set my mind to it, that's just it. But if I talk myself out of it and come up with a different plan, I'm safe. Like today, I came home and went for a jog. I'm no athlete and desperately trying to lose weight as well as quit drinking, so exercise does wonders for me. Ate dinner, and now I'm good. But all it takes is one twist or turn at that crucial moment, and it's all over.

Everything about myself begins to change for the better when I remove alcohol. It's like it has serioulsy become a poison to me, physically and mentally.