View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Hi everyone,
I haven't been posting as much as I had intended, I am trying for day 1 again.
I know I need a better plan because I really don't have a plan in place at all, other than to post and not drink. Lately it just seems like it takes everything I have to just get through the day. What I am doing isn't working and I know I need to change something, I just don't know what right now.

My doctor gave me Antabuse to try & help me get back on track. This has never been anything I wanted and I got the prescription a week ago and still haven't taken it. I am doubting that I will take it at all. It makes me nervous as it looks like you can have a lot of reactions with it, and I don't like being sick like that. He also gave me Naltrexone which seemed to help me in the past but stopped for some reason. I might try it again as it was helpful for a while. Still hoping against hope that I can get another stretch of sobriety going.

I hope everyone is doing well and is having a good start to a new week
Hi and welcome back. I have taken antibuse in the past and have had no bad reactions, but everyone is different. I have a prescription now and will pop one if I really feel I might drink. It is not a solution as it does nothing to deal with the obsession with alcohol (to me that is the crux) but it can help a person get some sober days strung together. I have taken naltrexone too but for me it did nothing. I can find a reason to drink over anything so at the end of the day I have to deal with my 'brain' more than my body. You can do this!