View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

_

That is all AMAZING firesprite!!!! Wow!

And yes this is all part of the Oxygen mask for sure!

My x mother in law told DD 10 a year ago she would always have to watch her weight because she had the body type to be chubby... Talk about wanting to strangle someone... In any event, it has been a LONG year of trying to UNDO that damage... DD 10 is super healthy, very thin, very active... No idea why her grandmother said that...

But I share that to agree that those convos about healthy vs skinny are so important to have...

Ive been alarmingly thin thanks to stress for the last few years... But healthy? Nope. I gained back some much needed weight this summer and have gotten back to being physically active and I feel its so so important to set a good model for my girls-- finally....

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Your secret is safe!

We took the kids to a big theme park yesterday & it was AWESOME to just take off & run with my 3-yr old nephew when he needed out of the stroller. We just RAN & RAN from roller coaster to roller coaster. He thought it was Great Fun.

Even better when we got our wii fit board working last night & I did my first body test in over a year - I dropped 30 lbs, increased my performance in all tests/categories, dropped about 5% off my BMI. It calculated my wiifit age at 24 yrs old..... which is close to half my age. (very subjective, I realize, but I do not weigh myself at home otherwise, lol) DD was cheering & jumping up & down & we talked again about healthy vs. unhealthy not being the same as fat/skinny, etc. We talked about how I FEEL better, can breathe better, etc.... & it's not ever just the # on the scale.

The best part of the kid-independence is that she benefits when I take time for me too - she sees me doing this & knows it's a priority even when it comes with sacrifice. It's that old oxygen mask thing IRL, in a different way.