View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Your secret is safe!

We took the kids to a big theme park yesterday & it was AWESOME to just take off & run with my 3-yr old nephew when he needed out of the stroller. We just RAN & RAN from roller coaster to roller coaster. He thought it was Great Fun.

Even better when we got our wii fit board working last night & I did my first body test in over a year - I dropped 30 lbs, increased my performance in all tests/categories, dropped about 5% off my BMI. It calculated my wiifit age at 24 yrs old..... which is close to half my age. (very subjective, I realize, but I do not weigh myself at home otherwise, lol) DD was cheering & jumping up & down & we talked again about healthy vs. unhealthy not being the same as fat/skinny, etc. We talked about how I FEEL better, can breathe better, etc.... & it's not ever just the # on the scale.

The best part of the kid-independence is that she benefits when I take time for me too - she sees me doing this & knows it's a priority even when it comes with sacrifice. It's that old oxygen mask thing IRL, in a different way.