View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
shil2587

Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
Do I have it right that YOU will pay to store his stuff after he got you evicted? I don't know about the UK, but in the U.S. An eviction is not something you want on your record when looking to rent a new place. As Janet Jackson asked," What has he done FOR you lately?"
Not exactly. But I needed to enable myself to get out of here whether or not he was drinking. Part of that would involve getting his stuff out. He would settle up with me once this binge had finished.

What has he done for me? Quite alot. He's my biggest cheerleader and has helped me become more assertive when I need to be.

I don't call him 'recovered' but I do call him recovering. He used to be a daily drinker and, two years ago, got into rehab, got a sponsor and works the steps. The 'isms' and many of the behaviours are utterly gone. But it's like every few months it switches off for a week or two. Recovery is a process and I do think he has started that process.

Financially, I will never allow myself to be dependant on anyone as long as I can work.

I have found a shared house and am moving in next week. That gives me a month to clear the flat and try to recover as much deposit as possible. Meanwhile, the house buy is only a few weeks away from completion. He is sober and home.

I don't want a life where I have to think about sleeping elsewhere, but fit now, I am being realistic about it. For the most part, we are a happy couple, but I am planning on taking care of myself first and foremost of I need to. If his recovery does not progress further, I won't hang around forever. I am sure of that. I just haven't reached the end of my tether yet. But at the same time, I plan for the worst and will make sure I can financially support myself and leave if I need to.

Also, update: according to a neighbour, my bf was annoying and kept demanding the money my landlord owes me, but the landlord had one of the carpet fitters who were there put him in a headlock and push him into the street. The carpet fitter was carrying a large knife at the time. So, yes, I had been wanting to move. That's why we were buying our own pace. Of course I don't want to applaud him! The sarcasm really wasn't needed. But my landlord is a real piece of work and I am not sorry to be going. I am angry it's not on my own terms. I am angry that I will never get the money off him. I am angry that bf drank again.