Thread: I am new here
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FeelingGreat
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Tracey, I'm sorry you feel so low at the moment but you should also feel hopeful about the future because you had the strength to end a relationship that was harming you. You might feel you did the wrong thing now, but there was no other alternative if you wanted to be happy. You made a good choice, he is continuing on slowly wrecking his life.

10 years is a long time together, and you can't expect to get over it quickly, but there are a few things you can do. You're already seeing a counsellor which is great. Are you trying to get out and see friends, or if you've left your social group behind, perhaps join an activity where you can meet new people? Have you talked to your doctor about treating your depression with medication, at least temporarily? That might be what you need to get you out of the current trough.

I know when you're in pain you want it to end right away, and it's sometimes hard to see how much progress you're making. One day your good choices and hard work will pay off and you may be surprised to realise that you're happy.