View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
matilda123

Good morning, everyone! So glad to hear everyone's updates.

I slept better last night, although I still woke up a bit. The great thing, though, is that when I did wake up, I just rolled back over and fell asleep. Lately, when I've been drinking, I just stare at the ceiling for hours with my heart pounding.

Today we are going to friends for dinner. They aren't big drinkers, but there probably will be alcohol there. I did talk to my partner about the fact that I'm not drinking again. He is supportive, as he has been in the past. I think the hardest part for him is that since I generally do my heaviest drinking alone, it isn't so clear to him what my problem is. One thing on my to do list and in my plan is to really sit him down and explain to him the extent of my drinking. It terrifies me to do that. Not that he will leave me, but the feeling of shame over it.

I, too, like to think that I can have one glass of wine by the pool or a single cocktail while at a trendy bar. And I actually can. The problem is that isn't where I stop, and before I know it, I'm drinking a bottle of wine by myself.

Hope all of you have a great day!