View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
gleefan

BF - It stinks to have to work when you need to be lying in bed. I hope you're feeling better. Sending chicken soup vibes your way.

Keyofc - I'm so inspired to see you digging deep to change the thoughts that are at the core of your alcoholism. Protect yourself while you're working through your issues; don't give away so much that you have nothing left for yourself. Pour all that love and caring into yourself. There will be plenty of time to be generous with others once your healing is underway.

PHRD - Thanks for the reminder. Realistic expectations can be a challenge!

Amp - I'm going to pass along a gem from one of the folks with kind time sobriety in my home group who says anytime they have expectations they're bound to be disappointed. Acceptance is always the answer. However they're human, so they have expectations from time to time. What works for them is being able to turn to the principles of acceptance in AA when they're disappointed (or experiencing any other negative emotion) because it keeps them from drinking.

Have a good weekend Undies. Stay focused on the most important thing - your sobriety.