View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
FrankLapidas

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
I'm beat. It's been a long day.

I wish all the Lapidaslanders well.

One of the things I cherish about SR is that we are here to support one another with a healthy mix of candor and hope.

Getting sober, and staying sober, is within our reach. All of us. Every single one of us.

It takes time to feel better. I wouldn't want to ever be pollyannaish with my fellow journeyers. It's not a walk in the park. Our minds and souls have been through a lot and it takes time.

For me, that time was fraught with uncertainty. Up to that point, my life hurt. It hurt badly.

I attribute my own sobriety and recovery to the fact that there were people here willing to share with me (and others) that there is reason to have hope. It is a process, one that prevails upon us to take a leap of faith.

I don't want to claim to be some sort of sobriety rock star. There's no such thing. But I will gladly take the baton and try to set the example others set for me, especially when it comes to hope.

Hope isn't a false, trite thing. It's very real.

Be hopeful. It will serve you well. We'll be here to support our newer journeyers when you need added hope.
Thank you so much for the wise (as usual) words and thoughts, Venecia. You will sleep well tonight because you have the peace.