View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Venecia

I'm beat. It's been a long day.

I wish all the Lapidaslanders well.

One of the things I cherish about SR is that we are here to support one another with a healthy mix of candor and hope.

Getting sober, and staying sober, is within our reach. All of us. Every single one of us.

It takes time to feel better. I wouldn't want to ever be pollyannaish with my fellow journeyers. It's not a walk in the park. Our minds and souls have been through a lot and it takes time.

For me, that time was fraught with uncertainty. Up to that point, my life hurt. It hurt badly.

I attribute my own sobriety and recovery to the fact that there were people here willing to share with me (and others) that there is reason to have hope. It is a process, one that prevails upon us to take a leap of faith.

I don't want to claim to be some sort of sobriety rock star. There's no such thing. But I will gladly take the baton and try to set the example others set for me, especially when it comes to hope.

Hope isn't a false, trite thing. It's very real.

Be hopeful. It will serve you well. We'll be here to support our newer journeyers when you need added hope.