View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
canguy

Morning all

Thanks so much for your kind welcome....means a lot.
Early Sat morning here.....and the Friday night pattern broken. My teenage son said he wanted to come over....this is a bit unusual as he's been spreading his wings a little lately and we haven't been doing the Sunday routine that we've had for years.

So he came down, was gonna stay the nite but wanted to get back as he has a sports match earlier this morning. So we had a few hours fiddling with the 3d printer I bought....something that interested him. We didn't quite get it happening by the time I drove him home.

Drive home the reptile mind heads straight for the bottleshop, off licence, liquor store.....wtf?. Just don't do it......don't need it. Go home. Play with the printer. It goes. I sit there for 2 and half hours watching fascinated as it does its thing.....way too late but had to see it finish. Into bed,

So Sat morning. Saw my son and had a good talk with him. Got the printer working that's been sitting there for two weeks. Sat morning a bit tired but not hungover....can get up make some coffee instead of looking in the fridge for a starter. Can go for a drive later and pick up some parts I need for another job. Can drive. On a Saturday. All very different to the routine.

Remembering how good it felt being sober and here.

Thanks guys......